The Cancéropôle Grand Ouest is pleased to announce the first edition of the workshop “3D Bioprinting in Cancer Research” which will be held in Nantes on July 5th, 2017.
Co-organized by CRCINA, Phy-Os and MicroPICell platform, this workshop aims to present this new technology, which is attracting a high interest in cancer research as it allows
– the fabrication of living tissue as well as organs using cells and hydrogels in petri dishes,
– the biofabrication of 3D tumor models with biomimetic cell/cell and cell/extracellular matrix interactions.
Mimicking the microenvironment of tumors using 3D Bioprinting will help the development of new therapies against cancers being an intermediate technology platform between traditional 2D monocellular cultures and animal models.
Focus will be made on the following items:
– Bioprinting tissues and organs
– Bioprinting tumors
– Micropatterning and Visualization
Hands-one workshops with bioprinters will be organized:
– Several 3D bioprinters will be available for testing and demonstration.
– Attendees can register for specific workshop
Symposium will be limited to 120 attendees
Deadline for abtracts submission: April 14th
First registration deadline: May 29th
Second registration deadline: June 16th