The « Tumour Targeting, Imaging, Radiotherapies » network of the Cancéropôle Grand-Ouest is pleased to announce its fifteenth international workshop which will take place from the 5th to 8th of October 2022 in Erquy, West of France.
The workshop is dedicated to young researchers (PhD students and post-docs) even so experienced researchers are invited to participate.
The 15th international workshop edition entitled “New Modalities in Cancer Imaging and Therapy“ will confront the points of view and issues of various research fields such as, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Medicine, Computer science, involved in the development of molecular and external beam radiotherapies in Oncology.
This workshop will focus on the latest advances through different aspects:
-The role of artificial intelligence in imaging and radiotherapies
-New imaging tools
-Latest innovative developments in external beam radiotherapy
-The use of alpha particles
-Vectors for innovative combination therapies
-Molecules and contrast agents
Call for abstracts is open until May 23rd, 2022.
Invited speakers in 2022:
- Jean-Emmanuel Bibault, Professor, Department of Radiation Oncology, Hôpital Européen Georges Pompidou, Paris, France.
- Gilbert Fruhwirth, Senior lecturer, Group leader “Imaging therapies and cancer”, Comprehensive Cancer Centre at King’s College London, United Kingdom.
- Kuangyu Shi, Associate Professor, Head of Lab for Artificial Intelligence and Translational Theranostics, Dept. Nuclear Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Iuliana Toma-Dasu, Professor, Head of Medical Radiation Physics Division, Stockholm University and Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Kristina Djanashvili, Associate Professor, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands.
- Nicolas Chouin, Associate professor & Romain Eychenne, Researcher, CRCI2NA, Nantes, France.
- Prisca Boisguerin, Senior researcher, PhyMedExp, Montpellier, France.
The workshop will be built around lectures from the invited expert speakers and thematic sessions with selected oral presentations from young researchers providing valuable opportunities for discussion on innovative issues and highlighting integration among several disciplines.
This workshop aims at sharing scientific results and at facilitating exchanges between experienced and young researchers in the fast growing field of imaging and radiotherapies.
In order to stimulate intense discussions between young and senior scientists, total attendance is limited to a maximum of 65 participants.
30 travel grant awards are available for the young selected researchers (PhD students and post-doctoral scientists).
Each award consists of free registration to the workshop, accommodation and contribution to travel expenses (up to 250 €). The grants will be only available for PhD students / post-docs with accepted abstracts for oral presentations.
Young researchers are asked to submit an abstract presenting their current research projects and results for one of the seven scientific topics listed above.
A template is available on the workshop website at http://www.cgo-workshop-vecto.fr/
Please, submit your abstract before May 23rd, 2022.
Deadline for registration is June 27th, 2022..
PhD students / post-docs selected for oral presentation: Free
Academical attendees: 450 €. Industrial attendees: 600 €
Registration includes: Full accommodation and meals from October 5th dinner until October 8th lunch.
Due to the limited number of attendees, an early registration is strongly advised.
This event will take place in the “Domaine de Roz Armor” in Erquy, in Côtes d’Armor, located 1.5 hours from Rennes, in West of France.
For more information please visit: http://www.cgo-workshop-vecto.fr/