European childhood cancer NGO’s (Imagine for Margo, KickCancer & Kriibskrank Kanner) are calling for innovative treatments to improve survival and quality of life.
This second call will offer a total of 3 million euros to support the best clinical and translational research projects that accelerate therapeutic innovation for children and adolescents with cancer. Our founding organisations are:
The Fight Kids Cancer programme (hereafter “FKC”) aims to catalyse and support pan-European innovative and relevant research initiatives in paediatric cancer to develop innovative research that improves the outcome for all children and adolescents with cancer. This call will cover the following non-exclusive themes:
- To realise real impact on young patients: Improve survival rate & reduce toxicity to restore young patients to full health after treatment
- To produce cutting-edge science to advance knowledge of paediatric malignancies.
- To support improved interdisciplinary knowledge, methods and collaborations for tackling the issues of today.
- To strengthen collaboration and the development of scientific capacity across Europe.
This call aims to prioritise areas that will effectively benefit young patients by:
- improving their survival rate
- improving their quality of life during and after the treatments
- improving our knowledge on cancer causes and treatment resistance
The FKC call for projects aims towards overcoming the structural lack of research dedicated to paediatric cancers by ensuring a recurring endowment that will be granted to the best European research projects every year. An additional ambition is to foster closer working ties between basic researchers and clinicians.
- Close of Expression of Interest via online submission portal: 06 December 2020, 17:00 CET (UTC+1)
- Deadline for full-proposals submission: 15 March 2021, 17:00 CET (UTC+1)