The Innovative Medicines Initiative is a jointly funded partnership between the European Union, represented by the European Commission, and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA).
The Innovative Medicines Initiative2 Joint Undertaking (IMI2 JU) has been created following the principles below: Research related to the future of medicine should be undertaken in areas where societal, public health and biomedical industry competitiveness goals are aligned and require the pooling of resources and greater collaboration between the public and private sectors, with the involvement of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs).
- Central repository of digital pathology slides to support the development of artificial intelligence tools
- Health Outcomes Observatories – empower patients with tools to measure their outcomes in a standardised manner creating transparency of health outcomes
- Improving patient access, understanding and adherence to healthcare information: an integrated digital health information project
- Establishing international standards in the analysis of patient reported outcomes and health-related quality of life data in cancer clinical trials
- Accelerating research & innovation for advanced therapy medicinal products
- Supporting the development of engineered T cells
For full details of the topics, including the budget breakdown and the General Conditions for the Call for proposals, click on the links above (which take you directly to the relevant page of the Participant Portal) or read the IMI2 – Call 18 Text.
- From EFPIA companies and IMI2 Associated Partners: EUR 85 871 760
- From the IMI2 JU: EUR 74 866 000
Key dates and deadlines
- Draft topic texts published: 10 April 2019
- Publication date: 26 June 2019
- Stage 1 submission start date: 26 June 2019
- Stage 1 submission deadline: 26 September 2019 (17:00:00 Brussels time)
- Stage 2 submission deadline: 26 March 2020 (17:00:00 Brussels time)
How to apply
All documents relating to the Call can be found via the Funding and Tenders Portal and the IMI2 Call documents page, in particular the IMI Manual for evaluation, submission and grant award – version 1.7.
Short proposals must be submitted via the electronic submission system of the Funding and Tenders Portal. To start submitting your proposal, simply click on the relevant topic above – this will take you directly to that topic’s page on the Participant Portal. Once there, scroll down and click on ‘Start submission’.
Detailed guidance on how to submit a proposal, including a detailed user manual and frequently asked questions, can be found under the Submit a Proposal section of the Participant Portal Horizon 2020 Online Manual.
Sign up to / catch up on the IMI2 – Call 18-19 webinars.
Contact the IMI Programme Office.